I had to take my girls to see the Allergist today for a follow up visit. We went to Steak N Shake for lunch. Both girls ordered small milkshakes and guess what, I resisted the temptation to get one!! Yippee! Finally...I didn't give in...until I got home and went back to work. I ate 6 Hershey Kisses. Boo Hoo...My justification was, at least they are small, "Ahem", 6 though. I still feel like I have done much better today than I have since I began my journey.
I wasn't able to work out this morning, so I had to work out this evening. This was the first time my girls watched me work out with this DVD. My 8 yr old says, "Mom, your not doing what they are doing." I told her if you are going to make fun of me, you need to go into the other room. I was so offended by her comment. Why did this bother me so? Was it because I couldn't do all the moves, because I am out of shape, because my 8 year recognizes that I can't do it, or because I don't see my self worth as God does?
3/4's the way into the workout, I felt like I was dying. I said out loud, "Jesus, why am I putting myself through this? Why? I know, to become healthy, to become healthy, please help me through this." As soon as I said that, my 8 year old said, "Mom, I will help you workout", then my 4 year old said, "Me, too". They both got up ran into their room and put on their workout clothes. It was so encouraging to see them want to help me finish the workout video and help me become healthy.
As parents, our children watch and hear everything. We are their mentors and role models, just like Jesus is to us (His children). If we follow in His footsteps, we will transform in the likeness of HIM! If our children follow in our footsteps, they will become who we are. Which footsteps are we leading them in?
No comments:
Post a Comment