Ever since I was a little girl, I have had HUGE issues with will power, desserts, and my stomach. Why, maybe it is because I had an emotionally abusive past or it could be because my wonderful mother had homemade desserts ready for my sisters and I when we came home from school or it could be because I have never loved myself the way God loves me. All the above issues have effected me my entire life. Everyone has issues and if we keep them bottled in all the time, we will never transform to the person we were created to be.
I have decided to journal my experiences over the next several months with the world. Maybe I am crazy for thinking this but if I can help someone while helping myself, it will be worth the insecurities that I feel. I am a very private person and deciding to take on this challenge is very bold for me! How bold you may ask, well, I will tell you. I have never told my husband of 10 years how much I weigh, I have always sucked in (as much as I could) my bulging stomach, and would never allow him to pick me up for any reason. I have been embarrassed of my unhealthy eating habits and embarrassed that I would be too heavy for him to pick me up. I have only showed two of my girlfriends my stomach, Rachel and Abby. This was a huge step for me, which was over 12 years ago. There is nothing wrong with my stomach, it just looks like I'm pregnant and I have always looked like this.
So, for now, I will leave you with this, I am going to begin a healthy lifestyle and overcome my insecurities, my weaknesses, and create a strong will power to overcome the strongholds that are in my life. We are always transforming whether it be a moth or into a beautiful butterfly. Today, I'm choosing to be a Butterfly!
So proud of you for taking this bold step in your faith walk. God will always give you beauty for ashes whether that be outward beauty or perfection or just inner beauty and peace because you are always His child. You have the power through the Holy Spirit to be an overcomer. Love you baby girl, mom
ReplyDelete