Sunday, May 5, 2013

I am an overcomer!

Am I the only one who struggles with food? This week, I have made the decision to begin working out, which I have done pretty well; eating healthier, which I have not done so well; and teaching my family how to live a healthier lifestyle, still working on.... So, to begin, I am working out with the Insanity workout videos and I must say, they are so hard...I was not able to do Friday's work out due to being too busy but at least I worked out for 5 out of 7 days this week. More than I have in years! My food habits though, I'm not doing so hot. I don't know what it is. I can't say no. I want chocolate and I want to eat when I am not hungry. I wonder if it is because I feel like I am not supposed to eat it if I am dieting, which makes me want it even more???

I have made the decision to take it slow so I will not let myself down all the time. If I keep my current eating habits, I will give up and feel like a failure. I am going to try eating smaller meals throughout the day so I will not feel as hungry when the main meal comes and this will prevent overeating. I am also going to try to eat one apple every day. I want to see if this will help with my sugar cravings.  I will let you know how this goes.

As far as overeating and eating totally unhealthy, this is a sin and I am going to have to get a hold of it. How can I witness to others and be Christ like when I am in sin. I am so thankful God forgives me everyday, however, if I am knowingly overeating and eating unhealthy, I am in sin and will be in sin until I turn from this and begin to walk a healthier lifestyle. God made desserts, therefore I know He doesn't mind me eating them, He just doesn't want me eating 2 candy bars in one sitting...Hello!!!

I can do this! The bible says, I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me! Philippians 4:16.  Who is with me?

1 comment: